If you are an overseas teacher and you have found this page – well done – especially if you have found us at an early stage of your search for teaching jobs.

Why use us ?

  • You are on track  to being paid a more generous rate for doing the same teaching job
  • We are an agency for the savvy Antipodean or Canadian teacher who wants a teaching job in London and who has done a little basic google research on the matter.
  • We are trustworthy > Please read our many reviews here : http://ratemyteachingagency.com/teachweb-secondary/
  • Antipodean or Canadian trained teachers have a great reputation in the UK – you should expect to find work easily through any agency, but only a few will pay you well. teachweb is one of those few.
  • We pay Generous rates:You can expect to earn a minimum of £147.50 per day on long term assignments though us.
  • We have been matching teachers to teaching jobs since 1998 and listen to and grasp what our teachers are seeking. Combined with our encyclopedic knowledge of London and surrounding schools, we will find you jobs that are sensibly matched to your needs.

What you can do now (and how long it will take):

Register at http://teachweb.co.uk/teacher_registration.php our short but efficient form has only 7 fields – we will do the rest!  We will then alert you to jobs in your subject, in your preferred location and of your preferred duration. It’s easy. We promise not to fill your mailbox with irrelevant marketing emails.

You will need

  • Permission to work in the UK


  • Experience in teaching maths or Science (then we can get you a visa).

If you have limited teaching experience it is better for you to come over here without a teaching job – and do some daily supply – testing a range of schools – before you settle. This has a few advantages:

• You know what you are getting into, when you do settle

• You will be paid a far higher rate (expect £20 a day more)


Work permisssion types

There are many ways that you can gain legal entry to the UK in a work capacity. Listed below are the various options depending on your personal circumstances.

Youth Mobility Visa
If you are a Commonwealth citizen (countries from the Commonwealth are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Zimbabwe) under the age of 31 you can obtain a Youth Mobility Visa (unless you are an EU citizen or have an ancestry visa).

Dual Nationality
If you have an EU passport you are automatically allowed to work in the UK. Countries belonging to the EU are France, Germany, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Austria, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium and The Republic of Ireland.

Right of Abode
If you have a parent born in the UK, you will be able to obtain a ‘right to abode’ status. You will have to present original birth certificates to the British High Commission in your home country to gain this type of visa.

Partriality/UK Ancestry
If you have British grandparents you are entitled to claim patriality and therefore have the right to work in the UK. You will have to present original birth / death / marriage certificates to the British High Commission in your home country to gain this type of visa.

If you are married to a British National or EU passport holder then you are entitled to work in the UK. You must contact the British High Commission in your home country to have your passport stamped too.

Work Permits
This is the most common type of visa that teachers have in order to work in the UK. The school will obtain a work permit for you. This will then be sent to you before you leave your home country. Those that travel with their spouse or siblings must take this work permit to the nearest British High Commission in your home country and obtain Dependency Visas for those coming to the UK with you.

The National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UKNARIC) is managed by ECCTIS Ltd under contract to the Department for Education and Skills (DfES)

The Purposes of the UK NARIC are:

  • To give information and advice on the comparability of overseas qualifications with those from the UK
  • To promote British qualifications overseas

We inform and advise:

  • UK Higher and Further Education Institutions
  • Individuals seeking comparability information on international and UK qualifications.
  • Organisations receiving or advising international students including:
  • Professional bodies
  • Businesses
  • Recruitment agencies
  • Embassies
  • British Council offices
  • Refugee councils
  • Government departments

In this way we help to promote individual progress towards:

  • Further study in the UK
  • Registration with professional bodies
  • Employment in the UK

The UK NARIC also undertakes individual research projects for specific purposes.


Register with teachweb