- Doesn’t easily participate in class activities.
- Regularly demonstrates poor behaviour.
- Doesn’t complete its homework.
Well, you will be pleased to hear that help is at hand. Senior Leader at Shoreham Academy Emlyn Hall has developed an effective new approach to managing pupils with behavioural issues.
Read Emlyn’s article: Helping students to re-engage with their education and you will be able to introduce your school to new strategies for:
- Getting students to take responsibility for their actions.
- Salvaging strained or broken pupil/staff/school relationships.
- Getting pupils with behavioural problems to work together with troubled peers, so that they can ultimately achieve their potential.
Finally, find out how you can help your school, like Emlyn’s school Shoreham Academy to benefit from significant success in re-engaging the most challenging pupils.
Of course and as always, we would be delighted to hear your experiences on this subject. So do let us know if you have any advice you can pass on to teachweb supply teachers.
About the Author: Rick Smallwood is a former chemistry teacher and founder of leading London and the South East supply teaching agency teachweb. He has a proven track record of matching the right teachers to the right vacancy.